Global CBD Market is expected to register a huge CAGR of 125.58% during the forecast period 2019-2026 and reach astronomical revenue of 2,207.16 million by 2026, as reported by MRFR.
Furthermore, the Business to Business (B2B) segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 58.9% in 2020.
Potential of the 2021 EU hemp and CBD market
How to tackle the eu hemp and CBD wholesale market potential?
Regulation of hemp and CBD products in Europe
History of hemp products
Hemp vs. Cannabis
Full spectrum, broad spectrum and isolate
Types of collaboration
At Hempika we are committed to equipping our B2B business partners with superb-quality EU certified hemp CBD products and a professional and highly responsive consulting service, allowing one and all to take the Europe CBD wholesale a step further.
We are growing hand in hand since 2015.
POTENTIAL OF THE 2021 EU HEMP AND CBD MARKET
It’s no secret: the EU is the world’s second largest hemp and CBD wholesale market, second only to North America. The EU also affords the potential for a much more unified market than, for example, US, which is segmented state-by-state.
In Europe, COVID-19 underlined the importance of first-class hemp and CBD products as the usage rates increased dramatically in the midst of the pandemic lockdowns.
According to Prohibition Partners, the EU CBD market size is currently estimated at just over €2.8 billion not taking into account food and drink infused with CBD and all smokable products, equating to tens of millions (between 9% and 30%) of Europeans in 2020 alone.
HOW TO TACKLE THE EU HEMP AND CBD WHOLESALE MARKET POTENTIAL?
Hempika is a well-established European WHOLESALE Hemp and CBD supplier. Partnered with the industry’s finest we produce pharmacy-grade CBD products derived from organically-grown hemp, cultivated in accordance with the EU Guidelines of good agricultural and collection practices (GACP) and manufactured in obedience to the EU Good manufacturing practice (GMP).
For anyone wondering, how to buy and resell wholesale cbd oil, cbd balm, isolate, cbd paste, extracts, premium-vegan skincare beauty products and/or BIO certified hemp food, we can state with pride:
- Hempika-branded products conform to the EU GMP standards.
- Hempika-branded products are fully registered and legal in all the EU member states, where the THC maximum concentration of 0.2% in CBD products is allowed for distribution and sales.
- Hempika-branded full spectrum Cannabis sativa extract is obtained using a modern supercritical carbon dioxide (CO2) extraction method that serves to preserve a wide range of cannabinoids, terpenes and other beneficial nutrients found in hemp plant.
- The cannabinoid concentration standardisation is always confirmed with Certificates of Analysis (CoA), issued by a laboratory with the laboratory accreditation ISO/IEC 17025.
- Hempika-branded hemp food line is BIO certified: certification (SI-EKO-002) is intended to assure our business partners that our products marketed as organic were in fact produced, stored, processed, handled and marketed according to precise technical specification and certified as organic by certification body.
By becoming a Hempika Wholesale Portal Member, you are granted access to competitive wholesale EU prices set for big retailers and custom-tailored CBD product offers for smaller resellers alike, Hempika Wholesale Dropshipping Business Model, Private Label and White Label special proffers for entrepreneurs with their own brand, CBD Affiliate Programme and Bulk products.
We know that path from the seed to the finished product requires quite a few careful steps to ensure that the final products are clean, safe and the best choice for our users. That is why we at Hempika complement and upgrade traditional practice with the latest findings and a cutting edge approach.
REGULATION OF HEMP AND CBD PRODUCTS IN EUROPE
Regulation of CBD in Europe is still patchy, with different countries on the continent controlling CBD in different ways, with variable law enforcement levels. However, in Europe and across the world 2020 was a huge year for hemp and CBD products, as the final quarter of 2020 saw several important developments internationally in the liberalisation of regulation:
- The ruling of the European Court of Justice on the Kanavape case on the 19.11.2020, established that CBD, extracted from the entire hemp plant (including leaves and flowers), is not to be classified as a narcotic substance under the EU Law.
- Following a ruling of the European Court, the European Commission concluded that cannabidiol (CBD) is not to be classified as a drug within the meaning of the United Nations Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs of 1961. Consequently, CBD can be qualified as food, provided that also the other conditions of Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 are met.
- In reviewing a series of World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations on cannabis and its derivatives, the Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND) on the 02.12.2020 decided to remove cannabis from Schedule IV of the 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs — where it was listed alongside heroin, recognized as having little to no therapeutic purposes.
Moreover, the EU DG Grow at the beginning of February this year upon request by the European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA) decided to include Cannabidiol (CBD); derived from extract or tincture or resin of cannabis – to the EU Cosmetic ingredient database (Cosing), meaning that pure naturally-derived CBD can now be legally used in cosmetics in the EU.
When it comes to Know-Hows and How-Tos regarding the EU Online Wholesale business, look up Hempika’s online wholesale total guides.
HISTORY OF HEMP PRODUCTS
As there is no such thing as a stupid question, let’s start at the beginning.
Hemp (Cannabis Sativa L.) is a versatile plant that has been used for millennia. It has gained its place in the paper and textile industries due to its extremely durable fibers. Hemp seeds have been known in the past not only as food but also as an addition to human nutrition. Hemp seed oil contains a balanced ratio of unsaturated fatty acids (omega 3 & omega 6), ideal for human metabolism. But the specificity of hemp are cannabinoids, active compounds with medicinal properties, found primarily in hemp flowers or trichomes.
HEMP vs. CANNABIS
The main difference that separates hemp from cannabis is THC tetrahydrocannabinol. In Europe, this limit is set at 0.2%. Varieties of hemp with a negligible amount of THC are listed on the European variety list and can be grown and processed to produce a wide variety of hemp products. Given that the CBD content in industrial hemp is much higher than THC, hemp is an excellent source for the production of CBD products.
Extra care is needed when choosing a site and soil for growing hemp, as hemp is actually a great accumulator of heavy metals from the soil. In connection with hemp’s biodynamic accumulation capacity it is also recommended to avoid pesticides, herbicides, and other mineral fertilizers.
Once again, we state with pride: Hempika products are derived from organically-grown hemp, cultivated in accordance with the EU Guidelines of good agricultural and collection practices (GACP).
FULL SPECTRUM, BROAD SPECTRUM AND ISOLATE
You may have already heard one of these terms – full spectrum, broad spectrum and isolate – which usually refer to hemp or cannabis extract:
- Hempika-branded CBD products are completely EU legal (certified) pharmacy-grade full spectrum CBD products, obtained using a modern supercritical carbon dioxide (CO2) extraction method that serves to preserve a full range of cannabinoids, terpenes and other beneficial nutrients found in Cannabis Sativa L. The extracts are derived only from selected and strictly monitored EU certified industrial hemp strains.
- Broad spectrum extracts are obtained by remediating the THC from the extract. The term broad spectrum refers to full spectrum extracts that do not contain THC or contain traces of it, those traces being below the detection limit.*
- CBD Isolate (also known as CBD crystals) is a form of cannabidiol, a crystalline solid or powder that contains 99% pure CBD, an active ingredient derived from the industrial hemp plant. It is possible to obtain isolates from other cannabinoids as well, CBG isolate being one of them. CBD Isolate is less effective than full spectrum CBD extracts, but is a perfect solution for countries with zero-tolerance THC policy regarding CBD products.*
*At Hempika we offer Wholesale Broad spectrum and CBD crystals (isolate) products via our Private Label and White Label business programme, enabling our B2B business partners to start their own label and to build brand awareness among their clients.
One more thing: When it comes to terms like full spectrum, broad spectrum and isolate, it is very important to know the difference between the concentration of all bioactive substances (Cannabis Sativa L contains a vast number of relevant bioactive organic compounds, besides cannabinoids, including also terpenes, flavonoids, vitamins and other beneficial nutrients.) and the concentration of cannabinoids themselves, of which cannabinoid profile can vary greatly from extract to extract.
Given that there are still many newcomers in the EU CBD and hemp wholesale market who do not exactly know what they are buying, they often settle down with such marketing tricks. It is highly recommended to check the content of cannabinoids (CBD, THC, … ) in the final products and to choose a wholesale supplier with registered CBD products who can confirm cannabinoid concentration standardisation via independently issued certificates of analysis for every new batch of products, using High-performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC).
TYPES OF COLLABORATION
By registering a Hempika Wholesale account you get to buy EU-GMP CBD, cosmetics (skincare) and hemp food products (hemp oil, seeds, protein powder etc.) at competitive wholesale prices and also have the business conditions tailored to fit the CBD regulation in your country.
The only question that remains unanswered is ‘Which type of business cooperation are you?’
- CBD online business.
- Physical CBD shop.
- CBD Dropshipping.
- Affiliate CBD programme collaboration.
- White label CBD oil or private label wholesale CBD oil and other CBD products.
- Bulk CBD.
- Lab – Cannabinoid analysis service.
If you want to start selling quality EU-GMP certified CBD products in no time in your CBD physical shop or provide CBD products on your CBD online business, our CBD retail and dropshipping programme offers driving wholesale prices for a wide range of hemp products under our brand – Hempika.
We offer a professional and highly responsive consulting service for all our new B2B partners, trying to answer every question concerning the fast-paced CBD industry, advising on how to start and scale one’s CBD business in the quickest and most efficient way possible, always having in mind the most important detail – being compliant with all the laws and regulations.
Enter our EU CBD WHOLESALE network and be a part of a successful story. We designed our wholesale portal in order to facilitate and speed up the purchasing mechanism of Hempika-branded CBD products, white label CBD products, CBD products in bulk and to offer other business cooperation opportunities.
CBD PRIVATE/WHITE LABEL
Would you like to sell products under your own brand name? Register your CBD WHITE LABEL account and start selling CBD oil or countless other CBD products under your own brand in no time. You can choose from various white label CBD wholesale products, from drops (CBD oil), pastes, isolate, ointments, wholesale e-liquid and other innovative products. We also provide label printing and printing of other packaging material, giving you much needed time for designing, branding, sales and customer support.
BULK CBD INGREDIENTS
For our B2B CBD partners that want to go big and get the best prices for hemp compounds in various forms we also supply raw CBD oil, extracts and other materials in BULK. Furthermore, we are also available for custom formulation of products.
For several years now, it has been noted that the market for hemp and CBD products is moving away from flower products and towards more processed extracts and isolates. There is a growing preference for wholesale CBD oils and extracts in Europe, due to the need for precise dosing and targeted formulations. The demand for CBD topicals, like CBD balm, is restful.
At Hempika we help our B2B partners with valuable insights about the EU wholesale CBD market, allowing for meticulous e-commerce business development. We strive to provide up to date legal advice for various EU countries, including consulting on the documentation needed for one’s CBD business to run as smooth as silk.
We are Hempika®. Growing hand in hand since 2015.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com